Being the fashionista I am, whenever I visit a shop I’m always drawn to anywhere that has clothing, whether that’s underwear, pyjamas, day to day clothes – I’m all over that like a rash. I love to have a rummage to see whether I can find a hidden gem that I can inevitably boast about whenever I get the chance. “Ooh I really like your dress”, I immediately reply; “Oh thanks, it was from TESCO!”
I’m sure if you follow me on Instagram (@gabrielleannealbon) and watch my stories, you’ll have seen the stand out item that I found in the F&F range in Tesco over the weekend. I was floating around all day on Sunday in this Gucci inspired, pleated skirt absolutely loving life. This got me thinking about clothing you find in a supermarket in general and what everyone’s thoughts are.
I’ll be honest, I think there are good and bad things you can get, pros and cons to shopping in them. So in true Gaby style, I’ve compiled a list of the good and bad things about supermarket fashion;
- Reasonably priced – sometimes. If I’m going into Tesco and find a cute dress, I don’t expect to pay upwards of £20 – whether it’s unreasonable of me to think that is probably true, but it’s the general thought that comes to mind
- Sometimes the quality is a bit shit – I’ve found Morrison’s dressing gowns a bit thin, whereas Tesco’s have pretty cozy ones, but Morrisons have amazing kids clothes (as do Tesco) – there’s pros and cons to everything
- You can do your weekly shop AND buy an outfit!
- They tend to cater for everything – need a new strapless bra because you’re going out, but the rest of the shops have shut? Hit up a supermarket!
- If an item is popular, you’re bound to find loads of people with the same thing. I like to have some individual pieces in my wardrobe and knowing loads of people are going to have the same thing kind of ruins that for me
- Their pyjamas ARE THE BEST. No joke, I think 90% of my pyjamas are from Tesco and I have no regrets
- You can find things you didn’t even know you needed – the amount of times I’ve gone out food shopping and come across a dress/skirt/top/leggings/jeans is unreal
This skirt was the ultimate bargain and I know it’s something I’m going to be able to wear over and over – I just can’t wait for the summer when I can wear it with a cami and sandals!
I personally think we should all give supermarkets credit and a chance – you can find some amazing bargains, staple or stand out pieces – basically anything you could ever need!
Are you a fan of supermarket fashion and do you have a favourite item you’ve picked up from one?