Transitioning your style into autumn

Transitioning your style into autumn

I love the summer, the sunshine brings out the happiness in me and I feel so much brighter outside and in – yes it can get a bit much when you’re dripping with sweat in the office, tossing and turning at night with humidity and cursing the guy that doesn’t understand what antiperspirant is, but despite it all I still love it.
Sadly for me, we’re coming to the end of the summer (although I feel like we’ve still got one mini heatwave coming 😎) but with the end of summer, comes an opportunity to pull out some transitional pieces to take you through this awkward weather. As much as I love the lazy summer days, I love autumnal fashion as it’s an opportunity to mix up the staples that I’ve worn in the summer with some more autumnal pieces that I’ve added to my wardrobe. I was kindly gifted a gorgeous tea dress from Boohoo for today’s post and took the opportunity to put together an outfit you could wear in the transition season before the frostier mornings arrive.
Red polka dot dress Boohoo
This dress was something that my wardrobe was calling out for; I don’t have that many red pieces and it’s a great shade for all seasons to start a base for a great outfit. In the summer, I’d pair it with some sandals and be on my way, but for the limbo between summer and autumn, I knew I had to pull out my tan Chelsea boots from Clark’s.

To transition this dress into autumn, I decided that my failsafe vintage denim jacket from Polo Ralph Lauren would be perfect;
Autumnal fashion
Ironically, the day I chose to start writing and shooting for this post, the weather was heating up again, so I took the jacket out but ended up swinging it over my shoulder; it’s very oversized, so having it on properly took away from the dress and was far too hot!
I can’t wait to get more wear out of this little number, I know I’ll be rocking it in the winter with some thick black tights, my DM’s and biker jacket, with some white sandals and a tan in the summer; the possibilities are endless!
Thank you to Nafeesa at Boohoo for sending this over and collaborating with me for this post!
You can pick up this dress from Boohoo here – they’ve got it in different colours if red isn’t really your thing and make sure to check out their wide selection of dresses for autumn!
Until Next Time

14 Comments

1. September 3, 2018 / 5:22 pm

I am hoping for a real autumn with cooler weather followed by a real winter with cold weather. Here in the southern USA its been just plain hot lately.

• September 3, 2018 / 5:26 pm

Do you get much cold weather in the south? We get pretty distinctive seasons over in the UK and had a snowy winter last year, we’re not geared up for it here like you are in the US!

• September 3, 2018 / 5:30 pm

We have had some sub-freezing weather in the past with really bad snow storms. I hear Europe has baked this summer with some really bad heat.

• September 4, 2018 / 8:01 am

Yeah we’ve had a scorcher of a summer here (something else we’re not geared up for haha!)

2. September 13, 2018 / 10:21 pm

This dress is absolutely gorgeous and you rock it SO well! You should definitely wear more red ❤️ I have a serious lack of polka dot in my wardrobe for how much I love the print, I’m just not entirely sure if it suits me. It’s something I would really love to try out for Autumn! Maybe I’ll treat myself to something after surgery, hehe.
    Alice Xx

• September 14, 2018 / 5:51 pm

I think it would 110% suit you – I haven’t got much in my wardrobe but love it! And thank you so much, I’m actually loving the red too, I haven’t got enough and think I’ll be adding some more into my wardrobe! And deffo go treat yourself after surgery – you deserve it! 😘❤️❤️

3. Becca Blogs It Out
    September 15, 2018 / 10:16 am

That dress looks lovely on you! Love it with the boots!

4. sara akif
    September 15, 2018 / 10:20 am

lovely boots <3

• sara akif
        September 15, 2018 / 10:34 am

Followed! Please follow back

5. kattieh
    September 15, 2018 / 11:05 am

I love the transition into Autumn, simply because of the colours. I really like how you have paired the dress with the brown boots – it is so autumnal. I love this dress because it is suitable for all seasons, which is something I look for when I shop!

• September 17, 2018 / 5:37 pm

Ah same – I love autumnal colours, so warm and cosy! And thank you, I do love this style of dress!