It’s 2018 and I don’t know about you, but a new year always gets me thinking about what I need to add to my wardrobe – every New Year’s Day I contemplate who I’d like to be for the year; whether that be a rocker chick, a bit of a hippy girl, a suave #Girlboss or a classic chav (jk, I haven’t been a chav since my early teens rocking some Nike Dunks, velour tracksuit, big hoop earrings and my “signature” chunky G pendant necklace from Argos).
I can’t believe it’s been an entire year since I really went to town on this blog and two years since it all began – I love how I’ve carried on and stuck it out, but one of the best things is being able to watch my style evolve over time. It’s funny looking back at my outfits from the beginning of 2016 to now.
Anyway, this is not a time for reflection, it’s time for action. I’m here to talk you through some of the essentials I already have or will be adding to my wardrobe for 2018.
1. Who would I be if I didn’t include my favourite staple Doc Marten boots to this post? They’ll continue to be a staple in my wardrobe as they give everything such an edge, make me feel sassy AF and are just the greatest boot of all time.
2. For the rest of Winter, I’ll be rocking my favourite mustard knitted hat – I’m sure if you follow me on Instagram that you’ll have seen this hat appear in almost all of my recent posts #sorrynotsorry. I’d also like to add to my collection of beanie style bobble hats – I’ve got about four now in black, navy, mustard and khaki. I love to wear these in the winter and keep my precious noggin warm that’s full of entertainment for you all!
3. My new Topshop Jamie jeans – I’ve heard so many people talk about how great they are, but have always been a devout Joni/Leigh jean fan, Aaron bought me a pair for Christmas so I can now say I’m 100% on board and will be rocking them throughout the year.
4. The Ray Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses are here to stay! I’ve had them for coming on two years and am still not bored of them. However, I would like to add a round pair to my collection this year so watch this space!
5. I’m sure you’ll have seen that I’ve been adding some structured shirts to my Etsy store if you’re following me on social media, so I’d like to add to that and continue wearing some more structured pieces like shirts, blazers and tapered trousers – timeless classics!
6. Next up I really want to get a mustard coloured (can you tell there’s a thing going on here with this colour) biker jacket – I’ve been wanting one for months now and think that I need to invest as this urge hasn’t gone away! This one from Boohoo looks right up my alley and a bargain at £25!
In terms of what’s to come for Spring/Summer 2018 – I’m afraid I haven’t thought that far ahead yet, so stay tuned for a post which will no doubt go up in March when I share an annual birthday wish list (Jesus, just remembered I’m going to be twenty-six in April 😳) – family you’re welcome.