I’m so excited that I’ve been nominated by Jennifer Sturgis from The Glamorous Pineapple for the Liebster Award which helps bloggers and readers discover new blogs! Thank you so much for my nomination and for helping me find your blog!
ABOUT THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers from other new bloggers. It’s a way to get our blogs out there and share the love! Here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
- Be sure to link up with the blogger who nominated you!
So, Here we go!
11 Facts About Me
- I live in the UK, but was born in the US!
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Diet Coke – It’s calmed down a lot over the last year and I’ve tried to go caffeine free, but I’m probably kidding myself that it’s better for me
- I’ve been with my fiancé Aaron for 10 years in June 2017 – we started seeing each other when were 15 and I couldn’t imagine my life without him
- I had a YouTube channel about 4/5 years ago where I documented my ‘Hair Growth Journey’ the irony of it all is that when I stopped doing the stupid shit to grow my hair, it grew to the longest it’s ever been!
- I’m rubbish at doing make up – stay tuned into my YouTube channel where I’m going to be showing you how bad I am
- I love spreadsheets, maths and finance – I currently work in the Finance Industry in the Retirement Solutions sector and must say, I never thought it would be something I enjoyed!
- Although I live in England, I don’t have any English heritage – my Dad was born in Scotland and my Mum is American (although, technically she was born in London – it was on an American airbase, so she’s considered American)
- I hate heights
- My sister Georgie and I talk to each other in American accents – we have no idea why, it’s just something that naturally happens
- I sometimes go fishing with Aaron (who if you don’t know him – is obsessed with carp fishing, he’s there right now!) and the biggest fish I’ve caught was 19lbs
- My Auntie Sheri is like a mum to me and my cousins are more like my sisters ❤
Questions I was asked
- What made you want to start blogging?
I studied fashion design at university and due to needing a job to pay the bills, I never really took my love of fashion further. I’ve always loved to write and make people laugh, so decided that I would start up a blog that would document my trials and tribulations with fashion.
2. Who is your favourite actor?
This is such a hard question! I’m really loving Chris Pratt right now (Aaron and I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2) so I’ll go with him, but no doubt it’ll change when I think about it after posting!
3. What is your favourite food?
I love Thai and Italian – I couldn’t pick one of the two
4. Who is your biggest blogging inspiration? What attracted you to their blog?
I kind of got into blogging through YouTube so a lot of the big UK vlogger/bloggers really inspired me to go for it (Patricia Bright, Samantha Maria, Lydia Millen) – I couldn’t see anyone blogging about what they were doing wrong style wise so wanted to see if there was room for me to do that.
5. If you could pick anywhere in the world to travel to, where would you go?
I’d love to travel to the Maldives or Australia – we went to Thailand last year and it was amazing, but the flight was so bloody long it’s the only thing that puts me off going – not that I wouldn’t go!
6. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone interested in starting a blog?
Stick with it and make sure to network, some really great advice I heard on a recent video with Gracie Victory was that if you’re true to yourself and continue to write what you love, your audience will find you.
7. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
I have no idea! I’d love to think that I could make it my full time job, but you never know with these kind of things – I absolutely love blogging, so hopefully my following will have grown quite a lot in that time and my content will have attracted the audience I want.
8. SERIOUS QUESTION: Pineapple on pizza? Yes, or no? LOL
LOL – absolutely not!!!
9. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
Dog person – I can’t wait to live in a house with a garden so we can get a beautiful poochy!
10. If there was one thing you could do differently when you started blogging, what would it be?
To utilise Twitter more and use better lighting for my photos – pictures make a huge difference to your blog and bad lighting isn’t helping you
11. What hobbies do you have other than blogging?
I wouldn’t call it a hobby, but I love to sew (fashion design graduate over here!) and regularly carry out alterations and repairs for friends and family in my spare time.
My 11 Nominations
Sabrina from Severn Wishes
Rachael from Rachael Blogs Beauty
Luke from Mr Luke Christian
Paige from Pretty Pocket Sized
Anisha from Fashion and Frappes
Zoe from Zoe Olivia
Abbi from Simply Abbi
Jasmine from Jazzie Pickles
Alyssa from thatothertwin
Rebecca from Beccy Kiernan
Naomi from Disaster Davis
Edit: I totally forgot to add my questions in!
- How long have you had your blog for?
- What’s been your biggest challenge since starting your blog?
- What’s been the best moment of your blogging career so far?
- Favourite kind of music?
- What’s your favourite topic to write about?
- Do you blog full or part time?
- Who’s been your biggest inspiration for writing? (Doesn’t have to be a blogger)
- What’s your blog goal for the year?
- Are you for or against click bait?
- What made you want to start blogging?
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
I hope you enjoyed this and I’m looking forward to reading all those nominated’s posts!
Until next time…