I love shopping online and have done it for as long as I’ve been able to (it has developed a hell of a lot over the years since I first started!) so I thought I would list some of my favourite sites to shop from online, my least favourite and give you a bit of background on my experience with the retailers.
1. Number one on the list has to be Asos. I’ve recently become a premier customer paying just £9.95 for unlimited next day delivery for the year and have made my money back in just 2 orders. They stock so many different brands, process returns really quickly, make the returns process very easy, the app is really user friendly and have the widest trend selection known to man! I’d recommend them to anyone looking for a good place to shop online!
2. Missguided are great for a selection of party dresses and a lot of their pieces are reasonably priced. They finally have an app which I’m over the moon about and regularly have discount code emails going out! I do however find that if you’re looking for something with a bit of modesty this isn’t the place to go.
3. What kind of Topshop Clone would I be if I didn’t include them in this list?! The app is easy to use, you can always find something you’re looking for and they will send you 25% off discount codes for your birthday (BONUS!) the only downside is their returns process which doesn’t give you an option to exchange an item for another size, but all around a very good place to browse online.
4. Amazon is my go to for all kinds of hair and beauty bits, as well as the usual everyday kind of things (books, CD’s, stationary, sewing materials etc.) I always use them for checking out product reviews and regularly purchase my gel nail polishes from them. The experience will depend on the seller and I’ve had a few occasions where I’ve bought stuff from China for it not to arrive (this isn’t Amazon’s fault, just something to bear in mind). Shipping can be a bit pricey if you’re after something in a hurry, but if you’re willing to wait, it’s the one stop shop for everything!
5. eBay is probably one of the most known online sites across the globe and they haven’t gotten their reputation for nothing! I don’t like selling on there so much, but if I’m looking for something totally random – my first stop will be eBay. Again it’s another site where the seller will make the difference to your shopping experience, but an all rounder in my books! I nabbed this gorgeous genuine Mulberry Taylor bag for just £250 on there, so if that’s not a win – I don’t know what is!
And now for the not so great!
Boohoo is on my hate list, you can sometimes pick up a bargain gem, but their delivery service is rubbish, quality of clothing varies and doesn’t always end up looking like the picture in real life. I find a lot of it very cheap and tacky looking and wouldn’t recommend them. I’m sure this will be no surprise if you’ve followed my blog for a while!
My final online store is eBay – now this is contradictory to my earlier list, but it has its downsides and needs to feature on both lists! Sellers can really change your view and despite the amazing customer support they provide when things go wrong, I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t acknowledge that!
Let me know about your best and worst internet stores in the comments below! I’d love to check out a couple of new places and review!
Until next time…