It’s been a mad couple of weeks (the arrival of my cousin’s beautiful baby girl, work etc.) hence the delay in posting and as always I apologise!
So, I was at work last week chatting to the girls about my beautiful peep toe cut out boots and how my toes were killing me after wearing them all day. Sarah said to me, “Gabs you should do a post on them!” and it gave me a thought… Why not do a post about the things we wear in the name of fashion?! So, without further ado, here are some ridiculous things that I put myself through in the name of FASHION!
1. Shoes. There are so many styles of shoe that I’ll make my feet endure, purely because I fell in love with them. Whether that be some heels (I don’t wear heels that often but for the purpose of this post and many others out there, I’ll include them) or shoes that are; too tight, too loose, rub on your little toes, make your feet sweat like hell.
2. Jeans that are now too tight. Now, this one is more relevant to me right now having gained some weight in the past year. In the name of fashion (and pride and stinginess) I refuse to go out and purchase a load of larger pairs of jeans because I have gained a little bit of weight. I’d rather tone my belly up to make sure I can fit into the many pairs of jeans that I spent a small fortune on, than go out and spend even more.
3. Underwear. So, this one is something that not many people will address, but it’s me and I don’t care, so will. I need to make sure that I don’t have the dreaded knicker line when I wear something a bit tight so will have to make myself endure the uncomfortableness that is a thong in the name of fashion.
4. Clothes that are incredibly difficult to get into. By this, I’m referring to a body con dress Aaron bought for me a couple of Christmases ago (I did pick it) that didn’t have a zip and was far smaller than its size 8 label would have you believe. Picture a girl with arms in the air, dress wrapped around her head and doting boyfriend attempting to pull it down. DISCLAIMER: the dress in referring to has never been worn and still has the tags on.
5. Make up and skin care. I’ve spent a small fortune in my life in an attempt to find the perfect foundation, hair colour, mascara, moisturiser, spot cream, the list goes on. Now, this one is mainly due to wanting to improve my skin. But in the name of fashion, I will always try my hand at make up and hair trends, be that contouring, a smokey eye, ombré hair, I’ll always give it a go whether it works or not.
So there you have it, if you have any other things you do/ wear in the name of fashion, please let me know!
Until next time…