I was out in the Boxing Day sales with my cousin Tammy when we were flipping through the rails looking for some bargains after the festivities. It’s kind of a tradition for us (and my sister Georgie who was nursing a cold/probable hangover so couldn’t come along) and we always love to gather our vouchers and go on a spending spree, because… Christmas.
Anyway, we were facing each other on different rails and pulling out something to show the other for their opinion. Each of us would glance up, look said item of clothing up and down, then dismiss or approve with a comment to explain. I’d never really taken much notice of it before as it’s pretty much second nature to us, but said after one of our comments that it would make for a funny blog post. So I’ve decided to put together a list of potential comments that could be made about a garment whilst out sale shopping, so Tam, this ones for you pal 😉
- That’s sweat patch material
- It’s a bit trashy
- It’s a bit frumpy
- This will show the tyre
- That would be nicer in a different colour
- Find that style in another fabric
- My arms won’t fit in that
- Too jazzy
- Too plain
- That’ll fall apart
- If there was a piece of clothing that represented *insert name* it would be this
- This would look much better on you
- WHY IS NOTHING IN MY SIZE?!
- You could see your bra through that
- You’ll need a strapless/stick-on/no bra for that
- NO! I don’t like it, put it back
- Why don’t they cater for short people?
- Why don’t they cater for fat people?
- I couldn’t wear that, I’m far too short!
- Imagine that with *insert another item of clothing/accessory*
- I don’t like that one, BUT I do like this *shows another item*
- Do you think this shows too much skin?
- You’ve got fantastic boobs, definitely show them!
- Why don’t they have anything that’ll fit people with small boobs?
- That’s a bobbly material
- That won’t wash well
- That will wash well
I’m sure there’s a lot more to add to the list, so feel free to share your own corkers in the comments below and share if you think your friends might relate.
In the meantime, I’m gonna pop some tags, only got $20 in my pocket.