Merry Christmas everyone!!
I’ve pre-written this post and scheduled it to upload on Christmas Day for when everyone has ripped open all of their presents, argued with their family over *insert appropriate argument topic for your family here* and stuffed their faces with enough turkey to see you through to Christmas 2018 – don’t worry, I’ve taken today to spend with my family and not sit there writing away, just in case you were concerned that I was one of those people that hates Christmas (I bloody LOVE Christmas!) and would rather sit there and write on my blog lol.
So, in the spirit of Christmas I wanted to write a post outlining everything that makes my own one of my favourite days of the year!
- For the last couple of years since I moved out, I head over to my dad and step-Mum’s to open presents and have something random to eat (my dad is king of random – he took a load of us to the local tanning salon for sunbeds and prosecco this year lol). It’s a bit of a mare as they live a couple of towns away, but it just means Aaron and I wake up earlier to open our own presents at home and less time to rip open whatever I’ve been so excited for that year!
- For as long as I can remember, all of my family have gotten up at the crack of dawn on Christmas morning, opened presents from each other at home, gotten dressed in the new gear we’ve received, then all headed over to my Grandad’s house for presents, drinks (probably too early being in the morning but ahh well – it’s Christmas!), sausage rolls and my Grandad’s (originally my Grandma’s before she passed away 3 years ago) scotch broth. Its one of my favourite parts of the day and a time when we all get thousands of pictures together, rip the shit out of each other and just have pure bants.
- Christmas Dinner (obvs). Aaron and I have been together for 10 and a half years and the majority of those years I’ve joined his family for a turkey roast at precisely 1pm (the same time as our Sunday Lunch/Dinner as Tam calls it lol). I love knowing exactly what we’ll be doing every year and Aaron’s Mum makes the BEST roast dinner (I know everyone says that about their Mum/mother-in-law, Auntie, Granny whatever, but you’re all WRONG ๐)
- Wondering what on earth Aaron’s got me in my stocking filler. We always tell each other what we’d like for a main present (I asked for the grey coat I featured in my picks from the Black Friday sales post – instructing him to purchase through my blog so I got a commission from my affiliate link lol). But the last couple of years, we decided to keep a couple of surprises for the day. Last year he bought me this jumper following our engagement the month previous;
- And finally, our afternoon nap on the sofa at home after all of the craziness from the day. We stick on whatever Christmas film is playing, snuggle on our small sofa (which I hate and always bang on about – one day I came home and found out that Aaron had bought us some sofa’s without telling me about it. Yes it was cute of him, but they’re so uncomfortable ๐) and have a little snooze.
This year, I’ll be at my other Grandma’s house when this post goes live visiting all of my other side of the family – catching up, having drinks and nibbles whilst watching my adorable little cousins (honestly, they’re the most beautiful children you’ve ever seen) run around and tell us about their love for Brie cheese and how they love Aaron more than my sister and I lol ๐ And there we have it! I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas (I prefer to say merry than happy – I don’t get saying happy Christmas when you say Happy Birthday, Happy Easter etc.) and hope you all have the greatest day with your families ๐๐